Recipe by Dee514
This recipe is from Chef Tim James of The Local in Saratoga Springs, New York. (Its a tasty way to use up St. Patrick's Day leftovers). Note: Since this recipe uses leftovers and a microwave, prep and cook times are only estimates (for the purpose of posting the recipe - Zaar won't post a recipe without prep/cook times). Everyone's microwave is different so go by your microwave's suggested cooking times for reheating.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs roughly chopped cooked potatoes
- 1⁄2 lb finely chopped cabbage
- 1⁄2 lb leftover corned beef, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream, warmed (milk is ok, but will not be as rich)
- white pepper, to taste
- 2 green onions, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Reheat potatoes, cabbage, and beef in a microwave (or a large pan with a small amount of water or stock).
- In a sauté pan, cook garlic with butter until softened.
- In a large bowl, add cream, pepper, potatoes and sautéed garlic (with the butter), mash until mixed, but still chunky.
- Fold in cabbage, corned beef and green onion.