For centuries, this traditional southern Irish potato has remained popular. Studded with Chopped cabbage and onion, its absolutely irresistible.
- Place potatoes with cold water to cover by 2 inches and ½ tsp salt in large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage and boil for 10 more minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, place green onion in sieve, pour boiling water over them and drain.
- Add drained onion to a medium saucepan with milk, butter, remaining ½ tsp salt and pepper, bring to a boil then remove from heat.
- Drain cooked potatoes and cabbage and return to large saucepan.
- Beat on low speed with hand held mixer until coarsely mashed.
- Increase speed to high and gradually add milk and onion mixture and continue to beat until potatoes are light and fluffy.