1/2 Photos of Colcannon
For centuries, this traditional southern Irish potato has remained popular. Studded with Chopped cabbage and onion, its absolutely irresistible.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place potatoes with cold water to cover by 2 inches and ½ tsp salt in large saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- 3Add cabbage and boil for 10 more minutes until potatoes are tender.
- 4Meanwhile, place green onion in sieve, pour boiling water over them and drain.
- 5Add drained onion to a medium saucepan with milk, butter, remaining ½ tsp salt and pepper, bring to a boil then remove from heat.
- 6Drain cooked potatoes and cabbage and return to large saucepan.
- 7Beat on low speed with hand held mixer until coarsely mashed.
- 8Increase speed to high and gradually add milk and onion mixture and continue to beat until potatoes are light and fluffy.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Colcannon
Serving Size: 1 (1490 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.5
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 20.9 mg
- Sodium 671.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 5.3 g