Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Growing up in an Irish household, this is how we liked to eat our mashed potatoes. This is true comfort food to me!
- 4 large potatoes, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the potaotes, drain and mash them with the cream and 4 T. of butter.
- Meanwhile, while potatoes are boiling, saute the shredded cabbage in 3 T. of butter until soft. Add scallions and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Combine the cabbage mixture with the potatoes and season to taste.