Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love everything cabbage, so when I ran across this recipe for colcannon, which is different than others I've tried as it uses kale, I knew I had to hold onto it. I'll be making this soon. I hope it sounds as good to you as it does to me.
- Peel and boil the potatoes.
- Chop the kale or cabbage fairly small, discarding the large stems.
- Steam until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Gently saute the onion (if using) until golden but not too brown (scallions or leeks may be used instead of onion).
- Mash the potatoes well, and mix with the kale and onion.
- Add the milk (not too much, until moistened but not wet),and the butter.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.