Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another great one from my collection of recipes !
- 1 cold cabbage
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- cold potato (4 or 5 large ones)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- salt and pepper (for seasoning)
- Mash potatoes finely, chop cabbage finely, add small piece of butter, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Grease a pudding basin and line with breadcrumbs.
- Press in the Colcannon mixture.
- Put layer of breadcrumbs on top.
- Bake in oven (325 degrees) for about half an hour.
- Serve up hot.
Was good and quick. Used packaged cole slaw mix to save time. But it just needed something for a kick. Will probably use it again to get some green in our diet. Thanks.