Recipe by crazycookinmama
So good! Very simple to do, and they are better the day after too!!! Try em! Ready in 1 hour or less.
Top Review by Kumquat the Cat's friend
What a super recipe! Easy to make when you get home, throw in the oven and you're done! I picked this because it didn't have the excess butter and sour cream (and cream of something soup) that all the other hash brown casserole recipes had. I halved the recipe and didn't use any milk (instead I used 3/4 cup vegetable broth for the beef broth and milk, and didn't add extra salt). We made this for two for a vegetarian dinner with a carrot side. It tasted great! We served with extra hot sauce, and I upped the pepper and garlic for 2 adults. As written, it's good for kids. BF wanted more, so I gave him some of mine (although he already got more than half). So it goes! I wish I had leftovers:( Will make this again:D Thanks cookin4my3boys!
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 (30 ounce) packagecountry-style frozen hash brown potatoes
- 8 ounces shredded colby cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, broth, 1 tablespoon butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Stir in hash browns.
- Heat remaining butter in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add hash brown mixture.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until potatoes are heated through.
- Stir in cheese.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2 quart baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender.