Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this in a magazine and it's on my list of recipes to try out.
Make and share this Colby Fiesta Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 6 6-inch flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 1⁄2 cup pitted olive
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups shredded colby cheese
- chopped jalapeno pepper
- Brush tortillas lightly with butter.
- Place tortillas overlapping slightly in a round pie plate.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Brown meat, drain well.
- Add seasoning and water.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle lettuce over tortillas.
- Combine beef, beans, tomatoes, onions, and olives.
- Spoon over lettuce.
- Heat milk in pan until it bubbles around the edges.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Add peppers if desired.
- Pour over ground meat.
- Carefully lift out tortillas and toppings.
- Serve immediately.
Hi Cocoa ! Glad you have posted this recipe. I tried this a few years back and lost the recipe. Very good recipe ! Thank heavens for the internet.