1 hr 10 mins
Delicious for breakfast, lunch or dinner, and easy too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 2 quart saucepan, melt butter and stir in flour.
- 2Gradually add milk; stirring until smooth.
- 3Continue stirring constantly, until sauce has thickened.
- 4Add salt, cayenne and cheese, stirring over heat just until cheese melts; then remove sauce from heat.
- 5In small bowl, beat egg yolks slightly.
- 6Add a little bit of sauce to egg yolks; beat.
- 7Slowly pour egg mixture back into sauce, stirring rapidly to prevent lumping.
- 8Stir in ham, parsley and thyme; set aside.
- 9Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- 10Gently fold cheese mixture into egg whites.
- 11Pour into 2 qt soufflé dish or straight sided casserole dish.
- 12With tip of spoon, make slight indentation or 'track' around top of soufflé 1" from edge of dish to make the crown which rises on the soufflé.
- 13Bake at 325°F for 45-60 minutes (until deep golden brown and center is set); serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Colby Cheese Soufflé
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 535.4
- Calories from Fat 369
- Total Fat 41.0 g
- Saturated Fat 23.3 g
- Cholesterol 418.8 mg
- Sodium 999.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 28.8 g