Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (12 ounce) can cola
- 12 ounces chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 roast
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, and garlic powder; rub over surface of roast. In a Dutch oven, heat the oil to hot and brown roast on all sides.
- Transfer roast to roasting pan.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients; pour over roast. Cover and roast for 2 1/2-3 hours until tender.
This was really really nice, and the sauce make an excellent gravy base. i'll definitely be passing this onto my mum and will be cooking it for others in the future.
I can't believe I forgot to review this one. Great flavor, and one I will be making again. Thank you GoWithTheFro. Ann
I've made this several times with a bottom round roast and it always turns out tender and delicious. I never use 3 T of oil though -- 1/2 T does the job well.