Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is so easy it's almost embarrassing! This dish makes it's own gravy while it cooks. Although it sounds like an odd combination, it is truly delicious! *If you don't want to defrost the roast first, you can still use the same recipe, but cook about 4 1/2 to 5 hours.
- 1 (2 -5 lb) beef roast
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 16 ounces cola
- 4 potatoes, cut in chunks
- 2 carrots, cut in chunks
- Place the roast in a deep covered roasting pan.
- Sprinkle the soup mix over it, and dump the cream of mushroom soup over that.
- Pour the cola over all and DO NOT MIX!
- Add cut-up vegetables.
- Cover roast and bake, undisturbed, in a 350 degree oven for 3 hours.
I have made this roast before and despite the oddity of the ingredients, it is fabulous. I use one can of cola (NOT DIET!!!), and half-fat cream of mushroom soup. I always make it in the crockpot - cooking all day on low. Yum! Try it, you won't regret it!
Good recipe for our Easter dinner. I made it in the crockpot all day and left out the potatoes and carrots. I loved the gravy. I'm going to freeze the rest of the gravy and use it later on for noodles, mashed potatoes, etc. Made for PAC Spring 2012.
Terrific Recipe, Easy, Tasty, Flavorsome. Well worth repeating