Recipe by Hippie2MARS
This is so easy it's almost embarrassing! This dish makes it's own gravy while it cooks. Although it sounds like an odd combination, it is truly delicious! *If you don't want to defrost the roast first, you can still use the same recipe, but cook about 4 1/2 to 5 hours.
Top Review by RBM
I have made this roast before and despite the oddity of the ingredients, it is fabulous. I use one can of cola (NOT DIET!!!), and half-fat cream of mushroom soup. I always make it in the crockpot - cooking all day on low. Yum! Try it, you won't regret it!
- 1 (2 -5 lb) beef roast
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 16 ounces cola
- 4 potatoes, cut in chunks
- 2 carrots, cut in chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the roast in a deep covered roasting pan.
- Sprinkle the soup mix over it, and dump the cream of mushroom soup over that.
- Pour the cola over all and DO NOT MIX!
- Add cut-up vegetables.
- Cover roast and bake, undisturbed, in a 350 degree oven for 3 hours.