Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I know there are a bazillion recipes for ribs available, but my husband is never satisfied unless I make these. Serve with lotsa napkins!
- 2 racks of baby-back pork ribs (cut into serving sized pieces)
- 3 large onions (sliced)
- 340.19 g can cola (any kind)
- 510.29 g bottle barbecue sauce (your choice)
- 78.07 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and black pepper.
- Rub mixture onto rib pieces.
- Layer ribs and onions in a Dutch oven and pour cola over all.
- Cover and bake at 250°F for 4 hours.
- Remove pan from oven and pour off cola juices.
- Add BBQ sauce, cover and return to oven for 1 hour more.
Wow these were great ribs! They were a little sweet and almost falling off the bone (didn't fall off but the meat was oh so tender). My first thought, was these tasted like something that I might order at a great barbeque restaurant. I used about 4 pounds of country style ribs rather than baby-back ribs, Coke and Kraft Hickory Smoked Barbeque Sauce. I didn't start quite soon enough to cook at 250 degrees F. for 4 hours but increased the temperature to 325 degrees F. and cooked for 2 hours. Once the barbeque sauce was added I cooked for 1 hour at 325 degrees F. (removed the lid about 20 minutes prior to being done). This is now going to be my recipe of choice for making ribs in the future!
this was absolutely fabulous!! i didn't change a thing! it was easy and so very good! thanks!
The ribs were fantastic!!!! The four hours simmering with the coke in the oven really removes a lot of fat from the ribs. I used about 4 lbs. Country Style ribs and when I removed them from baking dish so I could drain the coke, they were falling off the bone. Before I put them back in the dish, I added 8 oz. of sliced mushrooms, put the ribs and onions on top of the mushrooms and used Jack Daniels Sizzling Smokehouse Blend Grilling sauce which has a real bite to it...I loved the hot spicy flavor, but my husband said he would prefer a milder barbecue sauce next time, and there will be a next time!! Thanks for a great recipe.