Recipe by zoe,owen,andliams mommy
Dried onion soup mix, condensed cream of mushroom soup and packaged brown gravy mix make this cola-flavored pot roast easy to prepare.
- 4 lbs sirloin tip roast
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 0.5 (7/8 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 10 fluid ounces cola, flavored carbonated beverages
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place meat in a roasting pan. Sprinkle carrots, celery and minced garlic around roast.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown gravy mix and water, mixing into a smooth paste. Add onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup and cola-flavored carbonated beverage. Pour over the roast.
- Cover pan, and cook 1 hour in the preheated oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C), and continue cooking 2 hours. Remove from oven, and turn roast over so that the top is now covered with the gravy. Cover pan, and return to oven for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Remove from oven, and let meat rest for 10 minutes before slicing.