Recipe by Pinkytz
This is a little different than the other cola pot roasts I see here. The sauce is very tasty and it's one thing my kids request most often. I have substituted 2 T. Italian seasoning at times for the dry spaghetti sauce mix with good result.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup cola drink
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packet spaghetti sauce mix
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 3 lbs chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl break up tomatoes in their juice.
- Stir in cola, spaghetti sauce mix, onion, celery, salt and garlic powder.
- Stir until spaghetti sauce mix is dissolved.
- In Dutch oven, over medium high heat, brown meat in oil about 10 minutes on each side.
- Drain off all fat.
- Pour tomato mixture over meat.
- Cover and put in oven at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 or 2 hours or until meat is tender.