Leave this to my godchild to find a recipe with coke in one of our favorites.
Make and share this Cola French Onion Soup recipe from Food.com.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt the butter/margarine. Add onions and cook until they are golden, do not brown.
- Add the undiluted beef broth, 1 soup can of water, Coca-Cola, salt, vinegar, and pepper. If the beef taste is not quite there you might want to add some beef boulon to this. Cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes.
- In deep bowls add croutons, ladle soup and top with swiss cheese and sprinkel on Parmesan cheese.
- Microwave for 25 seconds to melt cheese.
- Makes 4 servings or about 6 cups.