Recipe by Missy Wombat
I found this in a Moosewood Restaurant cookbook. It is a Chilean Christmas beverage recipe and it is well named as it has the potential to have you swinging from the trees! Cook time is actually the time standing in the fridge.
Top Review by MooseCall
Wow! This is awesome. I held a birthday party for my roomate last week. I had too much milk in the fridge (I couldn't say no to $2.99/4 lb!!) and whip this up the day before the party. It was drained in the first hour :). I added the vanilla extract just before I put in the fridge. And, because I have a sweet tooth, I added more sugar. Thank you so much. I don't think this will ever last more than 2 weeks in the fridge.
- 6 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup instant coffee
- 2 cups aguardiente
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the milk, sugar and cinnamon to a boil.
- Dissolve the coffee in the hot milk mixture.
- Put in the fridge to cool.
- Once cold, add the aguardiente.
- Pour into capped bottles and return to the fridge.
- Serve very cold.
- This keeps in the fridge for 2 weeks.