These terrific dark chocolate cupcakes, based on a vintage chocolate cake recipe, are perfect for any occasion. No creaming. Easily made by hand. Can be doubled and tripled with perfect results.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two twelve cup muffin tins with cupcake lines.
- In a large bowl, using a wire whisk, stir together flour, white or brown sugar, cocoa, soda, powder, and salt.
- Stir in all wet ingredients- vanilla, eggs, oil, and coffee or cola, and buttermilk, to dry mixture, using a large wire whisk, or beat on electric mixer on medium speed for two minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Batter will be thin.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes or until cupcakes test done.
- (Cupcakes should be slightly puffed up in centre and spring back when touched).
- Freeze frosted or unfrosted.
- Makes 18 to 24 (medium).
- Recipe can be doubled or tripled.
An easy mix to put together, I did put the mix into a large jug and then poured it into the paper patty pans. I also used the coffee option. They were cooked to perfection in 18 minutes at 175C fan forced oven. The DS took them to his music recreation group were they were thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you looneytunesfan, made for Potluck Tag, Did Someone Say Coffee Party.
Delicious and easy! And i even messed up - I mixed up the baking soda w/the powder and it turned out fine. I used coffee and then 1/2c milk 1/2 c sour cream in place of the yogurt as suggested by another reviewer. I can't BELIEVE how fluffy and soft they are! I used a chocolate buttercream frosting. Fabulous! Just what I was craving.
This was made part of the "pick your chef" contest. And this was wonderful. Extremely simple and handy recipe to have around. My cupcakes were done in exactly 20 minutes. And it made 26 TENDER cupcakes. Thumbs and Toes up to ya Mean Chef!