Recipe by looneytunesfan
These terrific dark chocolate cupcakes, based on a vintage chocolate cake recipe, are perfect for any occasion. No creaming. Easily made by hand. Can be doubled and tripled with perfect results.
Top Review by I'mPat
An easy mix to put together, I did put the mix into a large jug and then poured it into the paper patty pans. I also used the coffee option. They were cooked to perfection in 18 minutes at 175C fan forced oven. The DS took them to his music recreation group were they were thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you looneytunesfan, made for Potluck Tag, Did Someone Say Coffee Party.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar or 2 cups brown sugar, packed firmly
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa, measured,then sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup strong coffee or 1 cup cola
- 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two twelve cup muffin tins with cupcake lines.
- In a large bowl, using a wire whisk, stir together flour, white or brown sugar, cocoa, soda, powder, and salt.
- Stir in all wet ingredients- vanilla, eggs, oil, and coffee or cola, and buttermilk, to dry mixture, using a large wire whisk, or beat on electric mixer on medium speed for two minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Batter will be thin.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes or until cupcakes test done.
- (Cupcakes should be slightly puffed up in centre and spring back when touched).
- Freeze frosted or unfrosted.
- Makes 18 to 24 (medium).
- Recipe can be doubled or tripled.