These terrific dark chocolate cupcakes, based on a vintage chocolate cake recipe, are perfect for any occasion. No creaming. Easily made by hand. Can be doubled and tripled with perfect results.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two twelve cup muffin tins with cupcake lines.
- In a large bowl, using a wire whisk, stir together flour, white or brown sugar, cocoa, soda, powder, and salt.
- Stir in all wet ingredients- vanilla, eggs, oil, and coffee or cola, and buttermilk, to dry mixture, using a large wire whisk, or beat on electric mixer on medium speed for two minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Batter will be thin.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes or until cupcakes test done.
- (Cupcakes should be slightly puffed up in centre and spring back when touched).
- Freeze frosted or unfrosted.
- Makes 18 to 24 (medium).
- Recipe can be doubled or tripled.