Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Slow Cooker Supper - from the All You Magazine. Quick and Easy.
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lbs beef brisket, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cola
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- Combine brown sugar, salt, paprika, onion powder and pepper in a small bowl. Rub mixture all over brisket.
- Warm oil in a skillet. Cook brisket until browned on all sides, turning with tongs, about 7 minutes total. Transfer meat to slow cooker.
- Arrange onions on top of brisket. Whisk together cola and tomatoes in a large bowl and pour over onions and brisket. Cover and cook on low until meat is fork tender 7-8 hours.
- Transfer meat to cutting board and allow to stand for 10 minutes. Remove gravy from slow cooker. Slice meat against the grain and serve with gravy.