Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
We found this recipe from Steven Raichlen who is the BBQ master! We use this sauce on ribs, chicken breasts ,pork chops and ALWAYS on beer can chicken. You can even save the leftover sauce for several months in the refrigerator to use again and again.
- 1 cup cola
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and gradually bring to s boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer until reduced by a quarter, about six to eight minutes.
- Use right away or can be refrigerated for several months.
A little thin even after reducing but still good and better than store bought anyday. I used about a 1/2 cup worked into some burgers and brushed more on as they were grilling. I would be tempted to use a bit less worcestershire sauce next time but that a personal preference. Made for PAC, Fall '09.