1/1 Photo of Coke Cola Chicken Stew
Classic delicious recipes for beginners or lazy chefs of the house. Add chilli pepper, carrots, daikon, winter melon, potatoes or cabbage to the stew as you wish. Eat with rice
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 slices ginger
- 1 green onion, slice in dice-size
- 6 chicken legs (or same quantity other dark chicken meat)
- 400 ml Coca-Cola (or just enough to cover chicken in the pot)
- 100 ml soy sauce (start with 100ml, add as much as you want later to meet your saltiness standard)
Optional ingredients (to add up the flavor)
- 1boil water, add chicken until turn white on the skin. About 1 minutes.
- 2use medium-high fire, add 1-2 teaspoons oil in pot/ wok, when warm, add green onion, ginger, garlic, chill pepper.
- 3add chicken legs to the pot/ wok, stir fried until skin turned "yellow".
- 4pour coke & soy sauce to the pot/ wok( coke & sauce must cover the chicken), add in the star anise or 5 spice powder at this time if you wish.
- 5bring to boil, add carrots/ daikon/ winter melon/ potatoes, bring to boil again, then turn down to medium low fire, boil for 15-20 minutes, add in any leafy vegetable at the last 2-5 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coke Cola Chicken Stew
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1059.7
- Calories from Fat 547
- Total Fat 60.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 415.8 mg
- Sodium 3804.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 97.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: