Recipe by ivyli2997
Classic delicious recipes for beginners or lazy chefs of the house. Add chilli pepper, carrots, daikon, winter melon, potatoes or cabbage to the stew as you wish. Eat with rice
- 3 slices ginger
- 1 green onion, slice in dice-size
- 6 chicken legs (or same quantity other dark chicken meat)
- 400 ml Coca-Cola (or just enough to cover chicken in the pot)
- 100 ml soy sauce (start with 100ml, add as much as you want later to meet your saltiness standard)
Optional ingredients (to add up the flavor)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 whole star anise or 1 table spoon Chinese five spice powder
Directions See How It's Made
- boil water, add chicken until turn white on the skin. About 1 minutes.
- use medium-high fire, add 1-2 teaspoons oil in pot/ wok, when warm, add green onion, ginger, garlic, chill pepper.
- add chicken legs to the pot/ wok, stir fried until skin turned "yellow".
- pour coke & soy sauce to the pot/ wok( coke & sauce must cover the chicken), add in the star anise or 5 spice powder at this time if you wish.
- bring to boil, add carrots/ daikon/ winter melon/ potatoes, bring to boil again, then turn down to medium low fire, boil for 15-20 minutes, add in any leafy vegetable at the last 2-5 minutes.