Recipe by MapleLeafLili Hill
This recipe is meant as a 'suit to taste' recipe. Please feel free to use spices you enjoy with ketchup-based sauces. Or feel free to brine your chicken PRIOR to placing this coke sauce on it. The sauce is great on the chicken, but a few people have complained that the flavor does not penetrate the skin, so all I can say is, You're a chef now, EXPERIMENT! *smile*
Top Review by MapleLeafLili Hill
Mini. R, as I am a newbie and don't know how to respond specifically to you, I'm posting here, hope you find it.. I don't grease my pan, but I use a Corningware casserole dish when I make this, and I've never had trouble with anything sticking on that won't come off with a lil' soak in hot water. The bit of sauce that kinda bubbles up on the upper edge of the pan does 'carmelize' (or burn) a lil' bit, but not too bad, and nothing has stuck on to the bottom in my experience. Thanks for your inquiry!
- bone-in skin-on chicken piece, enough to cover the bottom of your baking dish (use whatever pieces you enjoy eating)
- 1 cup Coca-Cola (or any brand of cola flavoured soda)
- 1 cup ketchup
- some barbecue sauce, to suit your tastes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together your sauce ingredients, and pour over your chicken pieces in the baking dish.
- (you can choose to leave this in the fridge to marinate a few hours, or go ahead and put it in the oven right away).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour to 1 hour 30-mins depending on the size of pieces you used. (I've never had this burn on to the bottom of a casserole dish.. Around the sides of the pan, the sauce will bubble up a little and carmelize, but everything should come clean with a regular hot water and soap soaking). Feel free to spritz your baking dish with cooking spray though if you've had trouble with things burning on to your pans.
- This recipe offers possibilities to add spices to suit your taste, so please, experiment!