1/2 Photos of Coke-Brined Grilled Chicken!
Koechin (Chef)'s Note:
Chickens just don't taste the way they used to. Unless you're lucky enough to raise your own! Well try this recipe and you will never use another one. It produces the moistest flavourful chicken we have ever cooked on the grill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the salt and Coke. Stir well to dissolve.
- 2Puncture your chicken several times with the tines of a fork.
- 3Place it in the brine. Make sure all pieces are submerged. (I use a large round bowl); Cover.
- 4Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- 5Prepare your rub. Be sure to combine well. (for the Mustard Powder I like to use "Colemanns").
- 6When you are ready to grill the chicken. Prepare your grill so the chicken will be cooked over indirect heat.
- 7Remove the chicken from the brine, and dry it well. (throw out the brine).
- 8Rub your chicken pieces on both sides with the rub. Use it all!
- 9Now let it sit for 15 min., so it can absorb the rub flavors.
- 10Place it on the grill, skin side down for approximately 15-20 minutes. The skin should be nice and crispy brown.
- 11Turn the pieces over and continue to cook for another 15-20 minutes.
- 12You might like to serve it with your favorite BBQ Sauce on the side.
- 13This also works well with chicken legs, but the cooking time will vary. The dark meat should test at 180°F in the thigh.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coke-Brined Grilled Chicken!
Serving Size: 1 (417 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.6
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 15951.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 32.2 g
- Protein 16.6 g