1/3 Photos of Coke Au Vin Baked Ham
3 hrs 30 mins
Literary Mom's Note:
Basted in coke and wine, and glazed with mustard and brown sugar, my experiment produced a succulent ham so juicy and flavorful that condiments are optional. My whole family raved! Amounts are approximate and may vary depending on your oven, cut of meat and personal tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 and use the lowest rack in the oven.
- 2Score ham about 1/4" deep and a few inches across in about five or six random places.
- 3Place in deep roasting pan and pour coke and wine over ham.
- 4Baste every 15 minutes.
- 5Turn ham to a different position every half hour or so.
- 6If meat starts to get too brown on top too soon, make a foil tent and cover loosely (I did this for the last hour).
- 7After two to three hours, or when meat thermometer inserted in the deepest part (not touching the bone) says 120-130, remove the ham from the oven.
- 8Mix sugar and mustard in small bowl and brush generously all over the ham (if needed, make more glaze).
- 9Return ham to oven on a higher rack, uncovered, and bake at 450 for 10-20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coke Au Vin Baked Ham
Serving Size: 1 (572 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 882.3
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 236.2 mg
- Sodium 6991.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 101.9 g