Prep 2 mins
Cook 45 mins
Beer bread without the beer, so easy. I used to buy a special mix for this bread, now I can make it for pennys!
- 3 cups jiffy pancake mix (maybe a bit more if too wet)
- 1 (12 ounce) can Coke (any soda or beer will do)
- Mix soda with pancake mix just till wet. Do not over mix. Dough will be very lumpy and thick.
- Grease a bundt pan add mix bake at 4OO degrees for 45-60 minute.
- Let cool at least a little bit to make it easier to cut.
The description is a bit misleading. When you make the recipe as written, it isn't a bit like beer bread. It's more of a sweet, crumbly coffee cake. It's good, though, and the cola gives it an interesting spice flavor that's hard to pin down. Thanks for posting!