Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Give your Mojitos a little twist by using Coconut flavored rum!
Make and share this Cojito (Mojito W/Coconut Rum) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups fresh mint leaves
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (to taste)
- 8 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
- 24 ounces Malibu rum
- 4 limes, cut into thin slices
- club soda
- In a pitcher, add the mint, sugar, and lime juice and muddle with a wooden spoon to crush the mint leaves.
- Stir in the rum, making sure the sugar has dissolved, then add 4 cups of ice.
- Top each tall glass with club soda and garnish with lime slices and make sure some mint goes into each cocktail.
I just love these!
Bev, When I saw the Cuban mojitos meet Hawaii I just had to try! I made for one using only 1 Tablespoon sugar, juice from 1 whole lime, 1/4 cup mint leaves, and for the rum I used 1/2 of a cup which is 4 liquid ounces!!!!!!! That is what this recipe calls for per person! I muddled the lime, mint and sugar topped with as much ice I can fit into my mojito glass. Then! A MUST top with seltzer which is not called for in this recipe. This is a great refreshing buzz and I rated according to my makings! Bev I love the twist of using coconut rum. Thanks.