Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A very easy recipe to make with wonderful orange cranberry flavours.
- 170 g craisins
- 1⁄2 cup Cointreau liqueur
- 2 large eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups self raising flour
- 5 large apples (peeled, cored & cubed into approx 1cm cubes)
- Pre heat oven to 180c.
- Line a 13x9x2" baking tin with silicone paper.
- In a small bowl combine craisins & cointreau and put to one side.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, egg whites, canola oil & sugar until well combined.
- Using a large metal spoon, fold in flour, apple, cointreau & craisins until JUST combined. The mixture may look too thick but the apples will release a lot of moisture when cooking. If you feel it needs thinning add a splash more cointreau.
- Spoon into lined baking tin & spread evenly.
- Bake for 40 minutes until tests done with a skewer.
- Wonderful served warm with a cold glass of milk & also freezes well.