Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Champagne Truffles Categories: Candies ----------CENTER MIXTURE----------
- -------------ENROBING------------- 1 lb Bittersweet chocolate 1 lb Cocoa It is important to use an excellent quality chocolate when making truffles since it is the primary ingredient. Valhrona is my first choice and Callebaut is my second.
- BRING THE CREAM TO A BOIL and pour it over the cut chocolate. Allow to stand 1-to-2 minutes and stir smooth.
- Beat in the softened butter and cool to set. Beat with an electric mixer (using a paddle attachment if available) on medium speed until light. Beat in Cognac. Pipe out small truffles on parchment or waxed paper with a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch plain tube. Refrigerate to set. Melt the chocolate. Sift the cocoa into a deep pan.
- Dip the truffles in the melted chocolate and then deposit th em in the cocoa, shaking the pan to cover them.
- After the covering sets, shake the truffles in a strainer to remove the excess cocoa.
Taste good and easy to make compared to some truffle recipes I have made before.