9 hrs 20 mins
Don't know where I got this one! It sounds different since there's no sugar or mustard in the marinade. Marination time is included in the time estimation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coat a saucepan with vegetable cooking spray and place over medium-high heat until pan is hot.
- 2Add shallots and garlic and saute until tender.
- 3Add thyme and next 4 ingredients and bring to a boil.
- 4Remove and let cool.
- 5Place tenderloin in a large, heavy-duty, zip top plastic bag and pour the cooled marinade in and seal the bag.
- 6Shake the bag until the meat is well coated.
- 7Marinate for 8 hours in the refrigerator, turning the bag occasionally.
- 8When ready to cook, remove meat from the bag and discard marinade.
- 9Place meat on a rack in a roasting pan coated with cooking oil spray.
- 10Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of tenderloin, if desired.
- 11Preheat oven to 500 degrees and place tenderloin in oven. Now reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 50-55 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 140 degrees for rare, or 160 degrees for medium.
- 12Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cognac Marinated Beef Tenderloin
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.2
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 116.9 mg
- Sodium 139.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 34.5 g