Recipe by Barb G.
This recipe comes from Diabetic Gourmet. The food exchanges are, 1/2 starch/bread, 1 fat.
- 1⁄4 cup cognac
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 11 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 ounces white chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Line baking sheets with waxed papper.
- Heat cognac in a small saucepan just to simmering.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cream, Bring to simmering.
- Place ALL the chocolate and the 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar in a food processor and whirl 1 to 2 minutes or until finely chopped.
- With Machine running, ADD cream mixture in a steady stream.
- Process until smooth.
- Scrap into a medium-size bowl.
- Refrigerate just until thick enough to hold shape, about 1 hour.
- Drop by teaspoons onto prepared baking sheets.
- With your hands, QUICKLY shape into balls.
- (Refrigerate to firm if necessary) Place in freezer 30 minutes.
- Prepare coating: Sift cocoa powder and confectioners' sugar into small bowl.
- Add truffles, 3 at a time; toss to coat.
- Refrigerate in airtight containers up to 1 month.
- Serve at room temperature.