- 4 (1/2 lb) striped sea bass steaks (or 2 lb. fillets)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cognac
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Dip steaks in cold, salted water and pat dry.
- Marinate in remaining ingredients for 1 hour, reserving marinade for basting.
- Place on grill racks sprayed with cooking oil spray or in fish basket over hot coals for approximately 12 minutes, turning once (gas grill set at medium-high). Baste frequently while cooking. Fish will flake easily with fork when done.