Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Guests think this a more complicated dish than it really is!
Make and share this Cognac Grilled Striped Sea Bass recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (1/2 lb) striped sea bass steaks (or 2 lb. fillets)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cognac
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Dip steaks in cold, salted water and pat dry.
- Marinate in remaining ingredients for 1 hour, reserving marinade for basting.
- Place on grill racks sprayed with cooking oil spray or in fish basket over hot coals for approximately 12 minutes, turning once (gas grill set at medium-high). Baste frequently while cooking. Fish will flake easily with fork when done.
Very easy to make,,, and very good,,, the cognac adds a nice smoky flavor when you grill it.
Great flavor...very different and so simple to make.
A simple recipe that complements without overpowering the flavor and texture of more expensive types of fish. Try it with a DRY reisling.