Montana Heart Song's Note:
Spanish origin with adaptions. You can serve with cakes,ice cream or fresh peaches. This can be served with chicken or fish.
My Private Note
cups sa ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup sugar or 1/4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1/2 cup cognac or 1/2 cup apricot brandy or 1/2 cup peach fruit flavored brandy
- 6 whole graham crackers, crushed
- 1In a saute pan add olive oil and almonds, saute until roasted. Take off heat.
- 2In medium sauce pan add water sugar and heat until sugar is dissolved.
- 3Add cinnamon, cardamon and whole cloves. Simmer and stir about 15 minutes.
- 4Turn heat to low.
- 5Take out whole cloves.
- 6Add half and half and cognac or brandy.
- 7Add crushed graham crackers to thicken. Stir until mixed, low heat.
- 8Note: You might add more crushed grahams to have a thick sauce.
- 9Note: You can crush the almonds after toasting with a mortar and pestle if you want a smooth sauce.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cognac/Brandy Almond Sweet Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.0
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 6.0 mg
- Sodium 231.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 23.4 g
- Protein 12.6 g