1/2 Photos of Coffeecake Muffins
From Cook's Country Aug/Sept 2007 edition. This muffin tastes like a coffee cake, it is so good! There is cinnamon sugar streusel in the middle and top of the muffin. Very crunchy and sinful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Streusel
- 8 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces and chilled
- 1/2 cup pecans
For the muffins
- 1For the Streusel: Pulse 5 TBSP of granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter in a food processor until just combined. Reserve 3/4 cup sugar mixture for cinnamon filling.
- 2Add pecans and remaining granulated sugar to food processor with remaining sugar mixture and pulse until nuts are coarsely ground. Transfer to a bowl and set aside for streusel topping. Do not wash food processor yet.
- 3For the muffins: Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 375°F Grease muffin tin with cooking spray and line with paper liners.
- 4Whisk eggs, sour cream, and vanilla in bowl. Pulse flour, sugar baking powder, salt and butter in food processor until mixture resembles wet sand. Transfer to large bowl.
- 5Using a rubber spatula, gradually fold in egg mixture until just combined. Place 1 TBSP of batter in each muffin cup and top with 1 TBSP of cinnamon filling. Using back of spoon, press cinnamon filling lightly into batter, then top with remaining batter. Sprinkle streusel topping evenly over batter.
- 6Bake until muffins are light golden brown brown and tooth pick inserted into center comes out with a few dry crumbs (about 22-28 minutes) Cool muffins in tin for 30 minutes, then carefully transfer to rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffeecake Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.2
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 63.8 mg
- Sodium 169.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 23.6 g
- Protein 4.2 g