Recipe by VelcrowMistress
These are perfect mini-coffeecakes. The texture is just like the fluffy store bought cakes :) Can be made in a loaf pan- Bake @ 350 for 55-60 minutes.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces and chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend 1 cup butter with 1 1/2 cups sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the 2 eggs and mix well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Add these dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Blend in the milk and mix together thoroughly.
- Place 1 TBSP of batter in each muffin cup and top with 1 TBSP of cinnamon filling. Using back of spoon, press cinnamon filling lightly into batter, then top with remaining batter. Sprinkle streusel topping evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350 until muffins are light golden brown brown and tooth pick inserted into center comes out with a few dry crumbs (about 20-25 minutes) Cool muffins in tin for 30 minutes, then carefully transfer to rack to cool.