Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
From a co-worker. This is VERY rich This uses pie filling; you can use whatever flavor you like. i used 1 stick of butter and 1/2 cup applesauce and turned out great
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Add eggs one at time.
- Add vanilla.
- Mix flour and baking powder.
- Add to wet mixture.
- Spread 3/4 of the dough on a greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Spread pie filling in strips.(i just slathered on cherrypie filling and dropped clumps on top ).
- Cover strips with remaining dough.
- Bake 35 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While baking mix powdered sugar, vanilla, and butter glaze ingredients together, adding just enough milk to make runny.
- Drizzle glaze over bars.
These were very good. I have a recipe that is similar, but made in a jellyroll pan so they are thinner. I liked the thickness of these. The glaze compliments them quite nicely. I used the cherry but you could really use any flavor of pie filling to suit your tastes. Thanks for posting!