Taken in a book from Marie-Josée Taillefer
Make and share this Coffee With Coconut Milk recipe from Food.com.
- In a casserole, heat the coconut milk and coconut at medium heat. Let simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until the mixture is creamy.
- Strain the mixture; set aside.
- Grill the coconut (that was strained) in a preheated oven of 350 F until lightly gril. Set aside.
- Distribute the coconut milk and coffee in 4 mugs equally.
- Put sugar if you want and gasnish with grilled coconut.
This is really good. I love coconut so I loved this coffee drink. Will make again! Made for Gimme 5 tag.
Delicious, although next time I will reduce the amount of coconut milk, it was just too rich for out taste and it over powered the coffee flavor (just personal preference) will make again thanks for sharing Booms!
This coffee was sooo good. I loved it. I topped mine with whipped cream to give the toasted coconut a pretty bed to rest on. The coconut toasted up beautifully was crisp, sweet and very tasty. My strong, sweet coffee was mellowed by the subtley flavored coconut milk. All in all a lovely treat that I will make again, definitely worth the extra effort. Thanks for sharing Boomie.