Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great sauce for everything from ice cream to pound cake. Super simple to make and store the rest in the fridge.
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee (I use Espresso)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine coffee, water and cornstarch; add honey, brandy and grated orange rind.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the sauce comes to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer 1 minute.
- Add walnuts.
- Cool and refrigerate.