Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Muffins are a great anytime snack...
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Dissolve coffee in hot water and add milk or cream, beaten egg and oil.
- Stir flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together and stir in the nuts.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry and mix only to moisten.
- Spoon into greased muffin tin and bake 375F degrees for 15-20 minutes.
I doubled the amount of coffee powder in this recipe & found it to have a bit more "oomph" a very nice muffin
A very good adult muffin. I also increased the coffee slightly and topped it with a mocha frosting. Yumm!!
Walnuts were good, could barely taste the coffe and I had complaints (imagine that!) that they weren't anywhere near sweet enough. I'd recommend at least doubling or tripling the coffee, and adding way more sugar - the amount is up to you but don't forget that you will need to counteract both the orginal non-sweetness and the extra bitterness that adding the additional coffee will cause. Or try Sueie's suggestion of frosting (icing to us Brits).