Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
a different tasting muffin that is quick to make
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1 cup whole milk or 1 cup cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup shortening, melted (or veg. oil)
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Dissolve coffee in hot water.
- Add cream.
- Add beaten egg and shortening.
- Mix dry ingredients in bowl.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Pour liquid into the dry and mix just til moistened.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins and bake 400F for 20 minutes.
Nice recipe. I used 2tbsps of Camp coffee (a coffee/chicory concentrate here in the UK). Nice textured muffins, not too too sweet. I might add a few more walnuts next time. thanks.
Great snack muffins. I uped the coffee a bit because I love the taste of coffee. Plus I sub'd some applesauce to cut back on the oil a bit, but it did not hurt it.