Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Have not tried these. I am posting here for safe keeping.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F Line twelve muffin cups with paper muffin cup liners.
- Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, coffee and vanilla in large bowl until creamy. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Beat together eggs and milk; add alternately with flour mixture to butter mixture, stirring just to combine. Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips. Fill muffin cups 1/2 full with batter.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pans to wire rack. Cool completely.
Amazing recipe... i am not a coffee person.. but this has a good mix of flavours...
i did add 2 tbsp of butter and 2 1/4 tbsp coffee
These are very good tasting muffins, with a nice coffee and chocolate flavor. However...I think there may be a mistake with the recipe. There is NO way you can cream 1 total cup of sugar and the instant coffee and vanilla with only 1 tablespoon of butter! All I got was a crumb mixture...I even added another tablespoon of butter, but I still only got crumbs. I didn't want to alter the recipe too much, so I stopped there, but I think it needed even more butter/oil/fat. Overall, a great recipe, but I think the amount of fat needs tweaking.
Just wonderful. The depth of coffee flavor is amazing without being overpowering. Absolutely loved the walnuts. I did use part milk chocolate and part white chocolate (and less than the full amount). I made these for DH to take to share with his office and he's already called to say they've been requested again!