Recipe by pattikay in L.A.
I don't drink coffee, but I love these muffins. They are full of coffee and chocolate flavor, but not too much of either. From the Frog Commissary Cookbook.
Top Review by Engrossed
I think these are EXCELLENT muffins! I'm not a coffee drinker either but enjoy it in desserts. This adapted well to using white whole wheat flour and Splenda products...I used 1/4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend for the brown sugar and 1/2 cup Splenda granular for the white sugar. I used 1 percent milk, decaf instant coffee, bourbon vanilla and added 1tsp of cinnamon. I decreased the chocolate chips to 1/2 cup and the walnuts to 1/2 cup. I think it would have been too chunky otherwise. These rose very nicely and were nice and soft with a great cappucino flavor. I think they improve overnight. Made for the Please Review game.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts or 1 1⁄2 cups pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour 12 muffin pan cups.
- Cream the butter with the sugars, coffee and vanilla.
- Beat together the eggs and milk.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Alternately add the wet and dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
- Stir just to combine.
- Add the chips and nuts.
- Fill the tins full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes, then remove and cool on racks.