Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Makes 4 1/4-cup (demitasse) servings
Make and share this Coffee Turkish Style recipe from Food.com.
- Place coffee, water, and sugar (if desired) into a 4-cup jezve[a long handled coffee pot].
- Brew over very low heat, stirring occasionally, until the froth on the surface begins to rise.
- Do not boil.
- Pour a small amount of froth into demitasse cups.
- Return the pot to the heat until the coffee just begins to boil.
- Remove from the heat immediately, and pour the remaining coffee into the demitasse cups.
- Do not drink the residue at the bottom of the cup.
- For a special flavor, several cardamom seeds may be added to the pot while the coffee is brewing.
I don't have the proper pot to make this so used a saucepan. I did have to add more coffee ( 2 Tablespoons) but what a great sipping coffee Made for Comfort tag Jan 2009