Jen T's Note:
Choux Pastry Cases (as used for Cream Puffs) filled with a coffee liqueur cream and topped with toffee and almonds. This is enough filling for 6 large or 12 small Choux Puffs. Use home made or store bought.
My Private Note
large p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 3/4 cup milk (divided)
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 2 teaspoons coffee liqueur
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1Combine egg yolks, sugar, flour, cornflour and 1/4 cup of the milk in small bowl of electric mixer.
- 2Beat until combined.
- 3Combine remaining 1/2 cup of milk and coffee powder in saucepan and bring to the boil.
- 4Gradually add this to egg mixture while continuing to beat on medium speed.
- 5Once all is added and mixed in, pour mixture back into saucepan and stir constantly over heat until it boils and thickens.
- 6Transfer to a bowl, cover and cool to room temperature.
- 7Beat cream until soft peaks form, then lightly fold into the cold mixture.
- 9Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan and stir over heat without boiling until sugar is dissolved.
- 10Bring to boiling point and boil rapidly, uncovered, without stirring for 5 minutes or until golden.
- 11Remove from heat and use to top puffs.
- 13Cut puffs in half and fill with the coffee cream.
- 14Top with the toffee and place on the almonds.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee Toffee Puffs
Serving Size: 1 (538 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.4
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 73.1 mg
- Sodium 26.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 28.7 g
- Protein 2.5 g