Recipe by Ashley U
English toffee puts the finishing touch on this scrumptious tart. For especially good results use strongly flavored coffee ice cream.
Crust and Filling
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely ground chocolate wafer cookies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped Heath candy bar
- 1 1⁄2 pints coffee ice cream, slightly softened
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 ounces good quality white chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Butter 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- Mix cookie crumbs and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- Add melted butter and stir until crumbs are very moistened.
- Press crumb mixture onto bottom and up sides of prepared pan.
- Bake until crust is set about 9 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons chopped toffee over cooled crust.
- Spread ice cream evenly in crust.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Combine cream and butter in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to simmer.
- Remove from heat and add white chocolate; let stand 1 minute.
- Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Let topping stand until cool and slightly thickened but still pourable about 15 minutes.
- Pour white chocolate topping over ice cream tart; tilt pan to cover top of tart completely.
- Freeze until topping is firm, about 1 hour.
- Sprinkle remaining toffee over.
- Freeze until tart is firm for about four hours.
- Use small knife carefully loosen crust from pan sides.
- Gently push up tart bottom to release tart and serve.