Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
English toffee puts the finishing touch on this scrumptious tart. For especially good results use strongly flavored coffee ice cream.
Crust and Filling
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely ground chocolate wafer cookies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped Heath candy bar
- 1 1⁄2 pints coffee ice cream, slightly softened
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 ounces good quality white chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Butter 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- Mix cookie crumbs and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- Add melted butter and stir until crumbs are very moistened.
- Press crumb mixture onto bottom and up sides of prepared pan.
- Bake until crust is set about 9 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons chopped toffee over cooled crust.
- Spread ice cream evenly in crust.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Combine cream and butter in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to simmer.
- Remove from heat and add white chocolate; let stand 1 minute.
- Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Let topping stand until cool and slightly thickened but still pourable about 15 minutes.
- Pour white chocolate topping over ice cream tart; tilt pan to cover top of tart completely.
- Freeze until topping is firm, about 1 hour.
- Sprinkle remaining toffee over.
- Freeze until tart is firm for about four hours.
- Use small knife carefully loosen crust from pan sides.
- Gently push up tart bottom to release tart and serve.
Heavenly!! Can't miss on this one! Bonus points...it freezes so you can make this up ahead of time and does not need to thaw out! I would recommend this recipe