Recipe by gailanng
Susan Boyle won Best of Show in Professional Division of the 2012 National Pie Championships by the American Pie Council for her Coffee Toffee Crunch a Bunch Pie. Chill time is part of prep time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) bar melted toffee crunch milk chocolate candy bars
- 1 (5 1/8 ounce) box vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup strong coffee
- 1 teaspoon caramel flavoring
- 5 (1 1/2 ounce) crushed english chocolate-covered english toffee bars
- 1⁄2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- chocolate-covered english toffee bar (crushed or chunked)
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Crust; Combine crumbs and sugar. Slowly add butter and mix well. Press into bottom and sides of pie plate. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool. Once cool, brush melted toffee crunch milk chocolate bar on bottom and sides of crust before filling.
- For the Filling: Whip pudding mix, half and half, heavy whipping cream, coffee, and caramel flavoring until creamy but firm. Fold in by hand the crushed toffee bars. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes. Spoon 1/2 cup caramel topping on bottom of pie crust that has been brushed with melted chocolate. Spoon filling on top of caramel layer. Return to refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours.
- For the Topping: Whip cream and sugar until stiff. Decorate pie as desired with whipped cream and toffee bars.