Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The minute I saw this recipe in a local cooking magazine I knew that I had to make it. I haven't made it yet, but I will for this weekend. It looks so scrumptious and amazing, I can hardly wait. You need some patience to freeze all the layers, but I am sure that it will be really worth it. Prep time includes freeze time.
- 8 ounces Oreo cookies, crushed into crumbs
- 3 ounces melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 quarts vanilla ice cream, slightly melted
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua or 2 tablespoons brandy
- 3 Mars bars, chopped up
- 1 jar nutella (or other chocolate-hazelnut spread)
- 1 bag caramel, unwrapped
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- Mix the cookie crumbs with the melted butter and press into the bottom of a 10 inch springform pan.
- It helps if you line the pan with baking paper.
- Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Mix the coffee powder and the liqueur together with the Mars bars into the slightly melted vanilla ice cream.
- Spread 1/3 of this mixture over the cookie crumb crust.
- Place in the freezer until frozen.
- Spread this layer with a generous portion of the Nutella spread.
- Freeze again.
- Repeat with a layer of ice cream, and freeze.
- Repeat with a layer of Nutella and freeze.
- Finish off with a layer of ice cream, and freeze again.
- To make the topping, melt the caramels together with the whipping cream over low heat.
- Let it cool down.
- Take the frozen cake out of the freezer and pour the caramel toffee sauce over the cake.
- Freeze again.
- To serve, run a knife dipped in hot water around the rim of the cake, dislodge from the springform pan, and prepare yourself for ooooohs and aaaaaahs.