3 hrs 5 mins
The minute I saw this recipe in a local cooking magazine I knew that I had to make it. I haven't made it yet, but I will for this weekend. It looks so scrumptious and amazing, I can hardly wait. You need some patience to freeze all the layers, but I am sure that it will be really worth it. Prep time includes freeze time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces Oreo cookies, crushed into crumbs
- 3 ounces melted butter
- 1 1/2 quarts vanilla ice cream, slightly melted
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua or 2 tablespoons brandy
- 3 Mars bars, chopped up
- 1 jar nutella (or other chocolate-hazelnut spread)
- 1 bag caramel, unwrapped
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1Mix the cookie crumbs with the melted butter and press into the bottom of a 10 inch springform pan.
- 2It helps if you line the pan with baking paper.
- 3Freeze for 10 minutes.
- 4Mix the coffee powder and the liqueur together with the Mars bars into the slightly melted vanilla ice cream.
- 5Spread 1/3 of this mixture over the cookie crumb crust.
- 6Place in the freezer until frozen.
- 7Spread this layer with a generous portion of the Nutella spread.
- 8Freeze again.
- 9Repeat with a layer of ice cream, and freeze.
- 10Repeat with a layer of Nutella and freeze.
- 11Finish off with a layer of ice cream, and freeze again.
- 12To make the topping, melt the caramels together with the whipping cream over low heat.
- 13Let it cool down.
- 14Take the frozen cake out of the freezer and pour the caramel toffee sauce over the cake.
- 15Freeze again.
- 16To serve, run a knife dipped in hot water around the rim of the cake, dislodge from the springform pan, and prepare yourself for ooooohs and aaaaaahs.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee-Toffee Cake from Mars
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.4
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 43.5 mg
- Sodium 160.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: