I just found this on the Van Houtte coffee site and I'll be making it very soon. I love bread pudding and coffee. This should be wonderful!
- Preheat oven to 350° F and lightly butter an 8' square baking pan.
- Place cream, milk, ground coffee and lemon peel in a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat.
- Heat just until bubbles form around edge of pan. Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes.
- Line a fine-holed sieve with cheesecloth or a single layer of paper towel.
- Set over a medium-size bowl.
- Very slowly pour cream mixture through sieve (Don’t worry if a few coffee grounds slip through, most of the grounds will sink to bottom of pan).
- Discard grounds and peel.
- While milk is heating place bread cubes on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Toast in preheated oven, stirring occasionally until lightly golden, 6 to 9 minutes.
- Remove from oven, but leave oven on.
- Place bread in prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs with sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Gradually whisk in cream mixture, then add butter. Pour over bread.
- Sprinkle chips over top. Press bread and chips into cream mixture several times to ensure bread is well covered.
- Cover with a lightly buttered piece of foil.
- Set pan in a larger baking dish.
- Fill larger dish with enough very hot water to halfway up the sides of bread pudding pan.
- Bake until pudding sets, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- *For a fabulous dessert, make our creamy bread pudding and jazz it up with coffee and butterscotch or chocolate chips. Cut into squares, top with a dollop of cinnamon dusted whipped cream and a curl of lemon peel.