1/1 Photo of Coffee Toffee Bread Pudding
I just found this on the Van Houtte coffee site and I'll be making it very soon. I love bread pudding and coffee. This should be wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350° F and lightly butter an 8' square baking pan.
- 2Place cream, milk, ground coffee and lemon peel in a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat.
- 3Heat just until bubbles form around edge of pan. Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes.
- 4Line a fine-holed sieve with cheesecloth or a single layer of paper towel.
- 5Set over a medium-size bowl.
- 6Very slowly pour cream mixture through sieve (Don’t worry if a few coffee grounds slip through, most of the grounds will sink to bottom of pan).
- 7Discard grounds and peel.
- 8While milk is heating place bread cubes on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- 9Toast in preheated oven, stirring occasionally until lightly golden, 6 to 9 minutes.
- 10Remove from oven, but leave oven on.
- 11Place bread in prepared pan.
- 12In a large bowl, whisk eggs with sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- 13Gradually whisk in cream mixture, then add butter. Pour over bread.
- 14Sprinkle chips over top. Press bread and chips into cream mixture several times to ensure bread is well covered.
- 15Cover with a lightly buttered piece of foil.
- 16Set pan in a larger baking dish.
- 17Fill larger dish with enough very hot water to halfway up the sides of bread pudding pan.
- 18Bake until pudding sets, 40 to 45 minutes.
- 19Serve warm.
- 20*For a fabulous dessert, make our creamy bread pudding and jazz it up with coffee and butterscotch or chocolate chips. Cut into squares, top with a dollop of cinnamon dusted whipped cream and a curl of lemon peel.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee Toffee Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.5
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 166.4 mg
- Sodium 104.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 34.0 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: