Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat together sugar, butter, and margarine until light and fluffy.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup and level off.
- Add flour, coffee, baking powder, salt, and almond extract to butter mixture.
- Blend well.
- Dough will be crumbly.
- By hand, stir in chocolate chips and almonds.
- Grease a 10 x 15-inch jelly roll pan.
- Press dough evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Combine glaze ingredients and spread over warm bars.
- Note: It's best to cut bars while they are still very warm; chill before removing from pan.