Recipe by WaterMelon
From Fine Cooking. Wonderful 'adult' cookies - I love to dunk this in coffee or hot chocolate. This dough freezes well, too, if you seal the log in plastic wrap. The night before you’re ready to bake, transfer the dough to the refrigerator to defrost.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee or 1 teaspoon espresso powder, dissolved in
- 2 teaspoons coffee-flavored liqueur or 2 teaspoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, and salt.
- Cream butter and brown sugar in a large bowl until well blended; stir in the dissolved coffee.
- Add the flour mixture; mix until the dough begins to clump together (if youre using an electric mixer, set it on low speed).
- Transfer the dough onto a large piece of plastic wrap.
- Shape the dough into a log about 7 inches long.
- Chill until quite firm, at least 6 hours and up to 3 days.
- Once sufficiently chilled, cut the dough in 1/4-inch slices; set them 1 inch apart on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 350°F until the tops look dry and the edges are slightly browned, about 12 minute Transfer to a rack to cool completely.