Recipe by MarraMamba
Donna Hays special panna cotta. What makes it great is that the coffee syrup is at the bottom of the glass (or ramekin) but they look wonderful in clear '1/4 c shot glasses and the panna cotta white cream is on the top. passive cook time includes refridgerating to set them.
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup milk, extra
- 1⁄3 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1⁄4 cup prepared strong coffee
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Coffee Syrup:.
- Place coffee and sugar into a small saucepan and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Simmer 3 to 5 minutes until thick and syrupy. Allow to cool completely.
- Place gelatine in small bowl, pour over the 1 tbs milk and let stand 2 or 3 minutes. Place cream, extra milk, icing sugar and vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the gelatine to the cream mixture and whisk to combine. Let cool.
- Pour the coffee mixture into 6 1/4 cup shot glasses ad slowly pour the panna cotta over. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours or until set.